This policy tells you about how we use and protect your personal information while using Carbgel Energy
Controlling and Processing Parties
When you use the Carbgel Energy services, you agree that:
· Carbgel Energy Limited 60 Cauldwell Ave, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear. NE25 9RW. UK, may transfer your data to any other Carb Energy Group Company and/or to a company who may takes ownership of the Carbgel Energy website.
You can browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States and the UK.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
· email address, physical contact information, shipping, billing and other information you provide while creating a subscription;
· other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
· additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity)
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We may use your information to improve and personalise our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us simply indicate your preference via the “Your Account” page (or similar account status page) or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement such as the unsubscribe link contained on the communication.
Personal Finance Information
We do not store credit card details on our own servers, currently we are using Paypal as our merchant bank and payment gateway solution.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
· provide the services and customer support you request;
· resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
· prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
· customise, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
· tell you about our services and those of our group of companies, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content infringes the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
· Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information (such as a Section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998 form) relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other Carbgel Energy user to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your User ID and purchase history, name, city, county, telephone number, email address, fraud complaints
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyse our web page flow; customise our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
· Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
· You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
· You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
We use Google analytics to gain information on how users are looking at our site and statistical information on buying habits and the technology, geographical location, purchasing habits of our users. This is done anonymously and we do not extract or require personal information to undertake this action. For full information on how Google analytics work please visit Google.com, Google.co.uk or Google Analytics.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Carbgel Energy password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Carbgel Energy and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to Carbgel Energy. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request to Customer Service, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United Kingdon and the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.